Overseas Chinese Students Work Permit Overseas Chinese Students who want to work while studying in Taiwan are required to apply for a work permit from the “Workforce Development Agency, Ministry of Labor”through university accordingly. The work permit will last for 6 months, with a maximum of 20 working hours per week during the academic year, but no working hours limitation during summer and winter break. Failure to apply for a work permit in accordance with regulations, that is, to be employed without work permit, will be fined for an amount ranging from NT $ 30,000 to NT $ 150,000, in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Service Law.

Since 2017/10/02, Overseas Chinese Students can apply for work permit easily through “EZ Work Permit”, https://ezwp.wda.gov.tw/, which is 24 hours online for document submission of work permit.

Visits 2854